Fear is a creeping, damp darkness that slowly strangles your optimism, passion and innovation. It paralyzes your creativity and your ability to make wise, centered decisions. It stifles your joy.When fear rules for very long, your business is standing on the cliff with one foot over the edge. It’s not a question of whether you will descend; it’s a question of how soon and how fast.
Fear* seeps into the culture of your organization and saps the creativity and enthusiasm of your people – even when you think you’re hiding it. The longer you allow fear to rule, the greater the damage to you, your business, your health, and those around you.*Calling it ‘apprehension’ or ‘anxiety’ doesn’t change it.
What can you do?
- Name it and own it. Feel it and move beyond it.
- Seek to understand the source of your fear.
- Decide what action you need to take and Act to resolve underlying issues.
- Reach out to an objective mentor or coach who can listen and support you in evaluating the source of your fears, your realistic options, and the decisions you need to make.
- Take positive action and focus on your goals and values.
- Take a few minutes each day to be grateful for all the positives in your life
©copyright 2015. All rights reserved. Marilou Myrick, Masters Among Us, Inc.